ACCEPTING ENTRIES FOR THE 2015-16 IBMA WRITING COMPETITION
The 2015-16 International Bowling Media Association Writing Competition is open to all IBMA members in good standing. Articles, columns, news stories and editorials published in bowling newspapers, magazines or on websites, as well as bowling related broadcasts released during the calendar year of 2015 may be submitted in one of five categories:
- Professional Editorial – Bowling related Editorials published or broadcast by IBMA members who earn a primary living as a professional bowling writer, publisher or broadcaster
- Professional News Feature – Bowling related News Features published or broadcast by IBMA members who earn a primary living as a professional bowling writer, publisher or broadcaster
- Non-Professional Editorial – Bowling related Editorials published or broadcast by IBMA members who do not earn a primary living as a writer or broadcaster
- Non-Professional News Feature – Bowling related News Features published or broadcast by IBMA members who do not earn a primary living as a writer or broadcaster
- Non-Professional Newsletter – Bowling themed Newsletters created by non-professional IBMA members
- IBMA members may submit a maximum of three articles in each category they are qualified to enter
- Radio, Internet Streaming or Television Broadcast – Program host will be judged on presentation and content
IBMA members may submit a maximum of two entries in each category. Deadline for entries is March 15, 2016
All entries must include three important criteria to be entered in the competition:
- A copy of the article, without byline, in WORD or similar format on a separate sheet. This format will be used for judging. If the name of the author appears in the article, it must be blacked out
- A completed entry form. A separate entry form must accompany each entry
- A photocopy or PDF copy of the article as it appeared in the publication. The copy must show the name of the publication, month and year, and the page number. A publication tear sheet may also be submitted. Articles must be published in the 2015 calendar year
Articles cannot be presented for judging until the three criteria are met by March 15, 2016!
Entry forms and appropriate copies must be mailed or emailed and received by the Writing Committee Chairman on or before March 15, 2016. Entries will not be returned.
Mail to: IBMA Writing Competition
Frenchy Letourneau, Chairman
4705 Pacer Ave.
North Las Vegas, Nevada 89031-2154
Winners will be notified by email, and announced at a ceremony to be determined later in 2016. Certificates will be awarded to the top three winners in each category.
A panel of professional IBMA writers will serve as judges.
Note for Broadcast entries: An audio CD or video DVD must be presented with an entry form. No printed copy is necessary. Entries will be judged on content and presentation. Committee chair will make additional copies for judges.
Frenchy Letourneau - 2015-16 IBMA Writing Competition Committee Chairman
Entry Form PDF Version Entry Form Word Version